2 large eggs
1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla paste
1/4 cup (21g) unsweetened cocoa powder
A pinch of salt
1 tablespoon red food colouring
3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
3/4 cup (95g) plain flour
250g cream cheese
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Start with the brownies. Beat the eggs, set aside. Melt butter until melted, stir in sugar, vanilla paste, cocoa powder, salt, food colouring and vinegar.
2. Whisk in the eggs, then fold in the flour slowly until well incorporated. Don’t overmix, pour half into baking tray already covered with baking paper, save half for the top
3. For the cheesecake, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla paste until completely smooth.
4. Dollop spoonfuls onto the brownie batter, pour the rest of brownie batter on top. Use a knife to create swirl patterns
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or when toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool before cutting them.
Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.com