“Parisian never gives too much away. When it comes to herself, she follows one golden rule: less is definitely more,” – Caroline de Maigret
I love how Caroline de Maigret describes Parisian women, but my love for her will need a seperate post altogether. Let’s focus on my current style inspiration, Jeanne Damas. Something about Jeanne that is just so captivating in all her feminine glory. Something about her is so Parisian, her style is timeless, effortless and relevant to so many.
Here are Jeanne Damas’s style DNA break downs, in my opinion,
- Vintage or Vintage Inspired Dresses, preferably with delicate floral and soft, light colour ways, made out of silk, satin or cotton. Jeanne loves her vintage or vintage-inspired silk dresses, which I must say seems to be a staple in many Parisian ladies’ wardrobes. Even in her own clothing line, Rouje, Damas included pieces that is vintage-inspired, which are absolutely beautiful
- Delicate Floral Print Pencil Skirt, most of her seems to be cotton or silk base. Pencil skirt is always flattering for most body types and what I love, the skirt can be paired up with sandals or sneakers for a more comfort look
- Good Fitting Denim Jeans, nobody will be disadvantaged from owning a pair of good fitting denim jeans. Jeanne’s preference seems to be high waist, straight legs or slightly flare at the bottom 70s style. Good fitting denim jeans definitely can give the illusion of beautiful ample bum bum, and I love high waisted, especially if you are 155cm or under, higher waist helped to give the illusion of longer set of pins
- Cozy Cardigans, Jeanne seems to gravitate towards fluffy, slightly cropped type with round neckline to be worn over her many beautiful dresses. She also have plenty of V-neck lines thinner cardigan which she pairs with her beautiful skirts or tucked into her denim
- That Jane Birkin Rattan Bucket Bag, single handedly causing me to browse Etsy to find one for myself. Summer is coming to Melbourne and I can not wait to find one for myself 🙂
Who are your style inspirations?